Best projection clocks
Are you bored with the old-fashioned alarm clock you have right now on your nightstand? I bet you are. I know the feeling, which is why you should follow my advice and treat yourself with the best projection clock you can buy. It is an interesting gadget that will turn the old alarm clock in a distant memory. Alarm clocks are not our favorite items because morning sleep is the sweetest, but at least with a projection clock, you wake up to something far more interesting than a few bright red digits and a snooze button.
What is a projection clock?
A projection clock is similar to an alarm clock, but it has some features that make it more exciting and pleasant to look at. It is also known as an atomic projection clock. It can project the time on multiple surfaces; the most common is the ceiling. So, instead of getting up your head off the pillow to see what time it is, you just open your eyes, and you will find the time projected on the ceiling.
Why you should buy a projection clock
Apart from the fact that a projection alarm clock looks fantastic, there are some practical benefits you may enjoy if you buy one. Here are a few of them:
- You do not have to set anything up – the projection clock does not need to be set up. You do not have to set the hour, day, month, or year because this clock in is sync with the atomic US clock. All the information mentioned above are given by the manufacturer, and you will never have to set them ever again. Even if the power goes out, like sometimes happens, you do not have to set all of the above again, like you do with the alarm clock you have now. The projection clock will just resume.
- It adjusts automatically the daylight saving time – twice a year, we need to set our clocks forward and backward because of the daylight saving time. You probably know how confusing that is. Some of us even forget about it, and we would have o idea if we did not see it in the news. However, this clock will do that automatically. It is like not having to set the time on your phone because you have internet. It may be a small benefit, but it is something that regular alarm clocks do not have.
- You do not have to remember leap years either – this kind of clock is already set to make the adjustments when there are leap years. I know it is once every 4 years, but still.
- Replacing the batteries means nothing – usually, when you have an alarm clock that runs on batteries, the device will shut off, and when you turn it back on, the clock will go 00:00. And it flickers. That is annoying. However, an atomic projection clock will not do that. It will resume where it left off.
- The time will be visible from anywhere – even if you are not sleeping, you can see the time on the ceiling or on the wall from whatever angle you are positioned. Even if there is light outside, you will still be able to see it.
- Atomic projecting clocks do not lose any time if you use them for an extended period of time – usually, clocks remain a little behind with the timekeeping. Of course, that happens in time, and it will take a while, but it happens. However, since the atomic projection clock is in sync with the US atomic clock, that will never happen. You do not have to reset the alarm and radio ever again.
- They are cheap – when you say atomic projection clock, you think it is something fancy, but it is really not. The first projection clock was patented in 1909, so it is nothing new. Yes, projection clocks are more expensive than regular alarm clocks, but they will not cost you a fortune. In fact, you can find a pretty decent projection clock for under $30.
What to consider when looking for the best projection clock
Since there are so many models out there, making a choice can be a bit tricky. That is because you do not know which one to go for. That is why the best thing you could do is to base your decision on a set of criteria. There are some factors you need to consider. Below you will find the most important of them.
- Power supply – not all projection clocks use the same power supply. Some need to be plugged in an outlet, while other can be placed anywhere because they run on batteries. At the end of the day, this is a matter of preference. It is up to you which one you choose. There are pros and cons on both sides. However since the atomic projection clock does not suffer any changes when the battery goes out, the hassle is not that significant. Also, the benefit of a battery-powered projection clock is that when there is a blackout, the clock is still running.
- Adjustable projector – some models you will find out there are equipped with an adjustable That means you can tilt the projector and point it to whatever you want. If you want the clock displayed on your ceiling, no problem. If you want it pointing at something else, there is no problem there either. I think it is a very cool feature.
- FM Radio – it is hard for me to imagine an alarm clock without a radio. If anything, I blame the ringtones that old alarm clocks have. Radio is so much better than that. It is better to wake up to radio than to loud and annoying noises. Also, some people are still listening to the radio when they are at home, so an FM may come in handy
- Additional features – some projection alarm clocks come with other features as well. You can get one that has a weather forecast, rechargeable batteries, multiple colors for the projector, and so on. Those are the features that turn an old-school alarm clock into something that you may actually like. Of course, you need the old clock’s features as well, but at least a projection clock is more appealing.
What are the best projection clocks?
Since your options pool is significantly large, you may feel confused as to what model to go for. However, as long as you pay attention and take into consideration the factors above, you should make the right decision. At the same time, reading some projection clocks reviews online could also help. Check and see what other people bought and what they have to say about it. That way you can make a verified purchase and leave aside that you may end up with something that you do not like. In the meantime, check out the products below.
Smartro Digital Projection Clock
The first projection clock on my list is from Smartro, and I really think you are going to enjoy it. It is a compact model, but considerably potent that will make you forget all about your old alarm clock. It has 8 available colors for the backlit display, which is reasonably large. It is in sync with the US atomic clock, so accuracy will never be an issue. Just keep in mind that during the RC reception, only the “-“ works. To stop the reception, just hold that button pressed for 2 seconds.
This is a battery-powered projection clock, but you can also plug it in. You will receive a USB adapter that you can also use to charge other devices. The projection will display the time and the temperature on the ceiling or on whatever surface you want. The projector is tiltable so you can make the desired adjustments. The color of the projector is a soft red, and it is very clear to view. Even so, it will not disturb anyone. The maximum distance for projection is between 4.9 and 6.5 feet.
One of the features I like the most about the Smartro projection clock is that when it runs on batteries, the projector and the backlight from the screen will light up only if you press the top button. It does so to preserve energy. However, when it is plugged in a power socket, both the projector and the screen will run permanently. You can tilt the projected image to an angle you want, and that is aside from the tiltable component. Of course, you can also use the alarm, which comes with snooze function. I think you are going to enjoy this model. It has pretty much what you want from a projection clock.
Mpow Projection Clock with FM radio
The projection clock from Mpow may be another product that may interest you. It has a 5-inch ultra-clear projection alarm clock, with a 120-degree adjustable projector (from -30 to 90 degrees.) The clock can be projected at a maximum distance of 10 feet. The brightness is also adjustable from off to dim, and then to bright.
The design is very eye-catching. It has a curved LED display that goes with any interior design you may have in your bedroom. The screen has 4 adjustable brightness settings. If you want, you can turn off the LED display and leave only the projector. It creates lovely lighting in your room.
The Mpow model has the regular features an alarm clock has. It is a dual-alarm clock with a snooze button you can wake up to your favorite radio station, or you can use the standard buzzer. The extra feature that the last product did not have is the FM radio you can use both as an alarm and when you just want to listen to some music. It can save up to 15 preset radio stations, and the 33-inch antenna at the back of the device can strengthen the signal. The device runs on batteries, as well as on AC power.
DreamSky Projection Alarm Clock
Last but not least, the DreamSky projection clock is another fantastic product in this category. It can project on your ceiling or your walls, and the bright readout can be seen from any angle. The projector is swiveling so that you can point it wherever you want. This time, the projector is on only when the screen is on.
The clock has a large LED digital display. You can adjust the brightness to high, low, and off. You also have an FM radio with 10 preset stations. If you want to take a nap while you listen to the radio, you can just set the sleep timer, and the radio will turn off.
You can wake up to your favorite radio station or the standard buzzer. You can adjust the volume to your comfort. The 9-minute snooze can go on for one hour. The DreamSky is powered by an AC adapter, but you can also use it on 2 AAA batteries. The manufacturer advises that you insert the batteries anyway so that the clock has a backup power source. Overall, this is an excellent product.
All three products are likable, and I am sure that whichever you choose, you will be happy with your choice. However, if the decision were mine, I would go with the Mpow Projection Clock with FM radio. The projection looks amazing, and the features are more than satisfactory. I think it is one of the best projection clocks you can buy.
A projection alarm clock will really brighten up your room. While there is nothing wrong with the old alarm clocks, the projection clock exceeds them in every way. They look better, they have more interesting features, and waking up does not sound as horrifying. I think that you can agree with me when I say that it is time for the conventional alarm clock to become obsolete. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Most Ignored Fact About Best Ceiling Projection Clock Exposed
- Rumored Buzz on Alarm Clock with Temperature Uncovered
- The Most Popular Projection Wall Clock
- The Upside to Clock That Projects Time on Ceiling
- Things You Should Know About Digital Projection Clock
- The Most Incredibly Ignored Solution for Projector Wall Clock
- Life After Ceiling Projection Alarm Clock
- Reported Hype on Clock Projects Time on Ceiling Discovered
- The Tried and True Method for Clock Projector Ceiling in Step by Step Detail
- Understanding Clock with Projector
- What Is So Fascinating About Atomic Projection Alarm Clock?
- The Little-Known Secrets to Illuminating Alarm Clock
- The War Against Clock Projection
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Sony Icfc1pj Alarm Clock Radio
- What You Don’t Know About Ceiling Clock Projector
- The Fundamentals of Wall Projection Clock Revealed
- The Projection Clocks Ceiling Game
- Secret Facts About Ceiling Projection Clock Uncovered by an Old Pro
- The Pain of Ceiling Clock
- Projection Alarm Clock Radio Secrets
- An Unbiased View of Alarm Clock Projection
- One of the Most Incredibly Overlooked Solutions for Projection Alarm Clock Best Buy
- The New Fuss About Hologram Alarm Clock
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Atomic Projection Clock Exposed
- Alarm Clock with Projector Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Finding the Best Led Projection Clock
- The Time Projection Clock Game
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Alarm Clock with Projection
- The Hidden Gem of Projection Clock Radio
- Who Else Is Lying to Us About Best Projection Alarm Clock?
- The Mystery of Projection Alarm Clocks That No One Is Discussing
- Who’s Concerned About Alarm Clock Projector and Why You Need to be Paying Attention
- Things You Won’t Like About Clock Projector and Things You Will
- The Ultimate Handbook to Projection Alarm Clock
- Projection Clock – Overview